These options allow administrators to choose what teachers see or don't see on their interface.
Description of Settings
- Progress Reports: This allows teachers to run progress reports; The progress reports will show the students' grades for all classes regardless of the teacher.
- GPA & Scores Report: This allows teachers to run the "GPA & Scores" report which shows the students' overall average and GPA, but not grades for individual classes.
- Student Roster Report: Allows teachers to generate a student roster that displays the students' names and basic information.
- Staff Roster Report: Generates a simple staff roster that shows staff names, emails, phone numbers, and last login.
- Report Card Options: If teachers can run report cards, this allows them to check or un-check options for the report card, such as "Show GPA"
- Populating Classes tab: This give teachers the ability to add or remove students from their classes.
- Effort tab: If your school is using the "Multiterm Report Card" style, this allows teachers to enter an effort grade for each class. If you are not using this report card style, we recommend turning this off to avoid confusion.
- Email blast: Gives teachers the ability to use the "Communicate" tab to email all their students/parents. This only allows them to email their own set of students, not the entire school.
- Student portal: If checked, teachers can click on a student name in their grade sheet and then view a preview of the portal that parents and students see (including grades, assignments, etc.)
- Edit concluded classes: This allows teachers to edit classes that have already been concluded. If the class has already been concluded, it will need to be reconcluded for any edits to take affect. Therefore, we strongly encourage administrators to leave this setting off.
- All student grades on Term Comments: When teachers enter narrative comments, they see the students' grades listed on the left hand side. If this is off, teachers will only see previews for classes that they teach.
- Parent/student contact information: This allows teachers to view emails and phone numbers saved for students and parents.
- Student emergency contacts: Allows teachers to see a student's emergency contacts.
- Student pickup contacts: Allows teachers to see those contacts that are authorized to pick up a student.
- View student notes records by admins: If checked, teachers can see all notes recorded for a student in the "Notes" section on the student demographics page.
- Addresses using Google Maps: This allows administrators to show or hide a student's address on the teacher interface.
- Student locker number: This allows teachers to view a student's locker number if one is saved for the student.
- Student locker code: This allows a teacher to view the saved locker code for a student.
Student Discipline Information: This setting decides whether teachers can see any discipline entries for their students.
- Add/edit/delete their own discipline and action entries: If teachers can view discipline, this also allows them to record their own discipline entries. Otherwise, only administrators have this functionality.
- Access private/internal discipline notes: Toggles teacher access to the "private notes" section of the discipline entries.
- Student Medical Information: Allows teachers to view stored medical information for their students.