1. How do I update race codes for my students?
2. Can we setup race codes that match the NCEA report?
Administrators can setup and configure Ethnicity / Race Codes from the Settings tab.
- Go to the Settings tab
- Click on Race Designations near the bottom of the page
Adding and Editing New Race Codes
- Enter the name of a race in the Name field or click on a race on the right to edit an existing race code
- Optionally, you can use the Order option to specify a custom non-alphabetical order
- Catholic schools can automate the race portion of the NCEA report and Wisconsin schools that need to prepare to upload student records to WISEdata can apply Federal race codes by using the Federal and NCEA Race Mapping menu
- Add a description
- Click Add / Save
Deleting Race Codes
You cannot delete a race designation that is being used by a student or staff member. To make it easier in case you do need to delete a race designation, the names of the students and staff that are using each code will appear on the right side of the page.
Note: If a race code indicates that it is in use, but the list of names appears empty, that means that the code is in use by inactive students or staff.
If the code is not in use, simply select it from the list on the right and then click Delete in the bottom left.
If the Race Code field in your "Student" or "Staff" tab has too many similar sounding options (e.g. "Hisp." and "Hispanic"), you can now merge options.
To merge race designations:
- Select two races designations from the list on the right (hold down the "Ctrl" key on a Windows computer or the "Cmd" key on a Mac)
- Select the race that you would like to keep
- Click Merge Races
Note: You can only merge two race designations at a time.