1. How do I populate the classes for next year?
2. A student is not in a class, how do I add him or her?
3. How do I add a new student in the middle of a term?
You will need to either add or remove the student(s) from the class.
1. Click the “Populate Classes” tab (for teachers, it is the "Students" tab).
2. From the drop-down menu at the top of the screen, select the class (subject) you wish to populate. In the list on the left, select the student(s) you wish to add to the class. This is the list of students who are not in the class. The list on the right is the list of students who are in the class.
1. This list can be filtered using the left-hand “Grade level” or “Class” drop-down menus.
1. Click “Add” to move the select student(s) into the class.
Note: If you are adding a student to a multi-subject, grade-level teacher, such as a 1st grade teacher who teaches all subjects to the same students, checking the box titled “Add/Remove students to all classes taught by …” will save time by adding the student to all subjects taught by the teacher of the selected class.
1. Repeat for all applicable classes/subjects.
To remove students, follow the same steps as above except select students from the right side and click "Remove".
Note: Removing a student from a class will delete all their records (grades, attendance, etc.) for that class. Therefore, the system will automatically try to prevent you from removing students with data so you don't accidentally delete their information. If you need to override this:
- Go to the "Settings" tab and click "General"
- Check the box for "Temporarily allow deletion of students or classes that contain data"
This override will turn off automatically after 30 minutes.