How do I change the attendance settings?
How do I add Absent value?
Follow steps below.
1. Click the Settings tab then Daily Attendance Setting button in the lower right.
2. Add or enter a row with the settings you want. Descriptions of the settings are below.
3. Click Submit Changes.
1. Full Title: The name that appears on reports and on the student and parent login.
2. Abbreviated Title: The name that appears when a teacher or the office takes attendance.
3. Report Legend: The two letter code that appears on the Attendance Sheet report.
4. Report Card Title: The name that appears on the report card if you choose, “Show On Report Card”.
5. Show On Report Card: The report card will show attendance from this category.
6. Multi-Select: Check if the student can have marks in addition to the current value ex. Being marked Present and Tardy at the same time will require Tardy to be marked Multi-Select.
7. Present Value: Set to zero for everything except for “Present” or anything that takes the place of being present. If the value is anything other then zero, Multi-Select should not be checked.
8. Absent Value: Set to zero for everything except for “Absent” or anything that is in the place of being absent, such as “excused absence” or “medical absence”. If you want three tardies to equal one absence, set it to -0.33 and this will cause the “Day Absent” value to include the sum of days absent, excused absences and tardies. If the Absent Value is greater then zero, Multi-Select should not be checked.
9. Excluded Attendance: If this attendance category doesn’t affect a student’s chance at perfect attendance, then check “Excluded Attendance.” Otherwise, that mark will prevent a student from having perfect attendance.
10. Lunch Value: Check if this item is a billable lunch item.