1. How do I add an IEP for a particular student?
Adding an IEP for a particular student is a two part process: first, you'll record the student's overall progress, and then you'll record specific objectives in area of the IEP.
To get started:
- Click on the Students tab
- Select the student who you would like to create an IEP for
- Select the Academics sub-tab
- Select IEP Progress
Near the top of the page, enter the date the IEP was assigned, the grade level of the student and an overall description of the IEP.
Further down the page, you can then start filling out the report. Start by selecting an Area from the drop down menu and listing objectives. You can add up to 5 objectives per area. Click the green + to add more areas. After adding objectives you can choose a prompt and mastery level from the drop down menu and enter any additional notes to the right.
When you're done, don't forget to hit Save at the bottom of the page.
Description of drop down menu options:
1. Academics – IEP Area: The overall area(s) the IEP is addressing such as “Music Therapy” or “O.T”.
2. Academics – IEP Prompt: Prompts provided to the student to assist meeting objectives such as “Verbal”, “Physical” or “Hand Over Hand”.
3. Academics – IEP Mastery: Student mastery of each objective such as “Functional”, “Independent” or “Needs Support”.