Generally speaking, Gradelink DOES NOT recommend deleting students. The reason Gradelink does not recommend deleting students is that once you delete a student, all data (grades, attendance, etc.) will be deleted for that student.
If a student no longer attends your school, Gradelink recommends that you mark them as Inactive or Alumni.
- Click the Students tab
- Select a Student from the list on the left
- Set their “Status” to Inactive or Alumni
- Click Save
If you absolutely must delete a student's account, you will need to disable Gradelink's built-in security feature that prevents the deletion of students that have grades or attendance records.
- Click on the Settings tab
- Click on the "General" sub-tab
- Check the box next to “Temporarily allow deletion of students or classes that contain data”
- Click "Save Changes"
- Click to the Students tab.
- Select the student you would like to delete from the list on the left.
- Click Delete near the bottom of the page.