1. We're ready to start a new school year, how do we do that?
2. How do we move to a new school year?
Starting a new School Year requires a lot more than just activating or deactivating a term and copying classes. That's why it's important to make sure you do it right.
The process of starting a new school year can be divided into two parts:
- Wrapping up the current school year
- Preparing the new school year
Part 1 - Wrapping up the current school year
- Make sure that all classes in all terms belonging to the current school year have been concluded
- Import new and re-enrolling students from EnrollMe (optional)
- Promote existing students and activate new students
Part 2 - Preparing the new school year
- Create new terms
- Copy classes from the last term of the old school year to the first term of the new school year
- Make adjustments to the copied classes, such as assigning new teachers
- Populate students into the new classes
- Add Non-School Days for the new school year