Concluding a Term

How to Start the New Academic School Year
Guide on how to start the new academic year. Follow the steps in order and you will be set for the new year! Note that prior year/term classes sho...
Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 3:39 PM
Closing Out An Academic Year
Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 4:35 PM
How to Start the New Term
Terms are grading periods such as Quarters, Trimesters, or Semesters that can be assigned via Gradelink’s Terms tab, located on the left sidebar.    A...
Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 11:46 AM
Promoting Students and Inactivating Alumni
Promoting students is the process of moving them up from one grade level to the next.  Inactivating students who have recently graduated will not delete or ...
Thu, Dec 20, 2018 at 11:49 AM
Beginning a New Term Within the Same Academic Year
Select the first term (i.e., Semester #1, Quarter #1, etc.) from the Terms tab on the left sidebar.  This should be the term you plan to copy cl...
Thu, Dec 20, 2018 at 11:49 AM
How do I close out the term?
Scenario: How do I close out the term? How do I close out the quarter? How do I close the school year? Solution:
Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 1:29 PM
If I close the term, can I change the grades later?
Scenario: If I close the term, can I change the grades later? Solution: Yes, you will need to go to that term, select the class, unconclude the class,...
Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 11:54 AM
I am starting the new year, why are there students already populated in the classes?
Scenario: 1. In the first term, there are already students in the classes. What went wrong? Solution: The issue is that the "Keep students in the...
Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 2:22 PM
Can an entire term be concluded at once?
Scenario: Can an entire term be concluded at once? Solution: 1. Click on the Terms tab. 2. Click on the term to conclude. 3. Click on Conclude bu...
Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 4:15 PM
When should I inactivate last term?
Possible Scenarios: 1. Long list of classes show up when teacher is trying to create and grade assignments 2. Accidentally put assignment into wrong te...
Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 2:47 PM