1. The current school year is finished and over with, how can I start the next school year?
2. How can I change the Senior class status to Alumni?
Promoting students is the process of moving them up from one grade level to the next. In some cases, that also means changing a student into an "alumni" and deactivating their accounts.
First, we need to go to the Promote Students page:
- Click on the Students tab.
- Click on the Admin sub-tab at the top of the page.
- Click the Promote button.
Promoting students is a four-step process.
- Make sure that all classes have been concluded for the school year and that you have generated all of your report cards. Adding grades for students that have changed grade levels can lead to errors on your report cards.
- If any students are being held back a grade level, select them from the Exclude menu.
- Select the Promote Students button. You should see students who have been promoted appear in green on the list on the right side of the page.
- The final step in the promotion process is to mark all students above a certain grade level as "inactive". Select the grade level that is one higher than the highest grade level at your school and then click Inactivate Students.
- As an example, if "12" is the highest grade level at your school, then you should deactivate students who have been promoted to grade level “13”.
Note: There is one optional step that schools using EnrollMe should be aware of. For more information, please click here.