1. The current school year is finished. Can we promote our students now?
2. When can I change the Senior class status to Alumni?
The promotion of students should occur when all classes for the previous term have been concluded. As soon as the classes are concluded, you may promote the students.
If you have EnrollMe, it is recommended to wait until most students have applied to the school. This is because when the students are promoted, the system will automatically set the students status from New Enrollment to Active.
- Click the Students tab on the left sidebar.
- Navigate to the Admin tab at the top of the page.
- Click the Promote button. You will see the page shown above.
- Select the Promote Students button. If any students are being held back, you’ll have to manually go to their individual page and make the amendment. Students should not be promoted until the academic year has been fully completed.
- Select the Inactivate Graduated Students button, then select the grade level that graduated from your school; i.e., if your highest grade is 12th, then you should select “13th” as your option.Click the Inactive Students button. By default, this will mark any graduating students as “Alumni”. You can manually edit these students through their individual profiles by adjusting their Status.
Note: Promoting students will also convert all students with statuses of “New Enrollment” or “Reenrollment” to “Active”.