1. How do I create a parent term?
2. How do we setup parent terms?
To create a Parent Term, all you need to do is assign one term to another term:
- Go to the Terms tab and make sure you have at least two terms prepared: one that will become the Parent Term, and another that will become the "Child Term"
- Select the "Child Term" from the list on the right
- Using the Parent Term drop-down menu, select the term that you would like to become a Parent Term
- Click Save Changes
Note: When assigning Child Terms to a Parent term, the Start date of the first Child Term and the End date of the last Child Term should match the Start date and End date of the Parent Term. For example, Semester 1 should have a Start Date that matches Quarter 1 and an End Date that matches Quarter 2.