1. How do I copy lesson plans to the next term?
2. How do I copy lesson plans to the next year?
3. Can I copy the lesson plans to the next term?
Gradelink will not let you move or bump existing lesson plans from one term to the next. This is intentional to avoid accidentally disrupting any lesson plans that have already been created for the new term.
If you would like to copy a Lesson Plan from one term to another term, there are two methods to do so: Copy-and-Paste and the Lesson Plan Collection.
Method 1: Copy-and-Paste
With the Copy and Paste tools, Teachers can make a copy of an existing Lesson Plan, switch to another Term, and then Paste the copied Lesson Plan.
First, make a copy of an existing lesson plan. If you need more information about copying a lesson plan, please click here.
Next, all you need to do is switch to the Term you'd like to copy the Lesson Plan to and paste it.
- Select the new Term from the menu at the top of the page.
- Click on the paste icon in the corner of the lesson plan - it will be shaped like a clipboard.
- When you're done copying, make sure to click Cancel Paste at the top of the page.
Method 2: The Lesson Plan Collection
With the Lesson Plan Collection, Teachers can create lesson plan templates that can be reused in any term. This method avoids having to deal with existing lesson plans.
The description below assumes that you already have lesson plan templates saved to your Collection. If you would like more information about how to create templates, please click here.
To create a new lesson plan using a template:
- Make sure you have the correct Term selected and then click on the "+" icon as normal.
- Click on the folder icon in the top left hand corner to open the Collection.
- Select the appropriate Lesson Plan and it will automatically fill in all the required fields. Hit Done.