Scenario:

1. I accidentally created a Batch Transaction for the wrong amount, what should I do?

2. Do I need to adjust Batch Transactions one student at a time?

3. Is there a way to edit a previously created Batch Transaction?

Solution:

Occasionally, administrators might make a mistake while creating Batch Transactions. Rather than forcing them to manually adjust every transaction individually, Gradelink gives administrators the ability to easily edit batch transactions. Changes are automatically applied to each individual transaction, which means you'll never have to track down every student and make corrections one at a time.

To get started:

1. Go to the Financial tab
  2. Make sure "Ledger" is selected
  3. Click on "Batch Transactions"
  4. Select the "History" sub-tab

On the "History" sub-tab, select the Batch Transaction that you'd like to edit from the grid at the top of the page. Then, click on the "Edit" button that appears in the details panel at the bottom of the page.

It's important to note that you cannot add students to or remove students from the transaction; you can only edit transaction details. If you accidentally create a Batch Transaction that is applied to the wrong students, the easiest thing to do is delete the transaction and start over. For more information about deleting Batch Transactions, please click here.

Once you finish adjusting the transaction, click "Update" to complete the process.

Not all Batch Transactions can be edited; if you try to select a "locked" transaction from the history grid, you'll notice that the "Edit" button doesn't even appear. This is because "locked" transactions are considered final and, as a result, cannot be edited.